background

Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Mid-century buffet in Graphite (SOLD)

I had such an overwhelming response to the last nine-drawer Graphite piece that when I found this one at an estate sale recently… I knew it had to be given the same finish.  I love the way it turned out.


Mid-century furniture is so stylish, so sleek, so sophisticated.  All of those grown-up "s" words.  ;-)  I love the way functionality and beauty combine in this awesome piece of furniture.


The design of the nine dovetailed drawers is pretty gorgeous, isn't it?  I love the way each set of three drawers comes together to create it's own little piece of artwork.


And that hardware….  LOVE.  I think I love it even more since only the top drawers have it.  It's beautiful.  And just enough.  Simple can be gorgeous.




The drawers all have dovetailed construction, and the interiors are spotless.  Gotta love clean drawers on a piece from the 1940s.  :-)



This piece is solid wood, in excellent condition, and has the coolest pencil legs.  I'm a sucker for a pencil leg, I'll admit it.


Painted in Graphite with a distressed finish and clear wax, this piece would be stunning in a dining room.  It would be in a foyer too.  Or a family room, or a bedroom - endless possibilities.  You'll love it wherever you put it.  It measures 72'' long x 32'' tall x 18'' deep and is priced at $560 (SOLD).


If you need this in your house, email me at shabbychic011@gmail.com and let me know!  I'll respond right away.  Thanks!




.

No comments:

Post a Comment