background

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Antique Dresser/Buffet in Graphite (SOLD)

At long last, folks … we are (somewhat) settled into our new home, the kiddos are back in school (even my youngest - sob), and I have a piece FINISHED!!!  :-)  I can't tell you how happy I am to be back to painting.  I've missed it so.


This solid wood antique dresser was so much fun to paint and was a great start to my painting adventures here in Greenville.  I was thrilled to find it and knew right away that Graphite was calling its name.  Graphite is my new obsession. It's an awesome charcoal gray, and with the addition of dark wax it becomes a soft black with all kinds of fabulous depth.  It's a great color for fall, which (sadly? not-so-sadly?) is right around the corner.

Please bear with me as I play with the lighting in my new painting studio… while it's a great spot for painting, finding the best lighting for photography is proving to be difficult!  I love to have great pictures of my pieces, so rest assured I'll figure it out.  :-)  But for now… here are a few of this Graphite dresser.







Aren't the legs on this one gorgeous?  I love that it's on the original casters as well - makes moving it around a cinch.  They could also be easily removed if you'd prefer it to be less mobile.  :-) 


This piece has five drawers in all - three across the top and two larger ones below.  All of them are dovetailed and slide in and out with ease. 



Don't you love the copper knobs against the dark paint?  They really pop … copper and graphite are a match made in heaven.  In my humble opinion.  :-)




I also love the keyholes.  And …. they work!  The locking mechanism works perfectly and I've even got a key.  



I've painted this lovely antique beauty in Graphite with light distressing and copper knobs.  Dark wax gives it protection and a wonderful deep color.  I think it would work perfectly as a buffet in a dining room, but could also be used as a dresser in any bedroom.  It would be great in a foyer, too.  Or living room to hold a flatscreen? Even as an awesome changing table/dresser for a little boy's nursery.  Lots of options here.




This piece measures 45'' long x 34'' tall x 22'' deep and is priced at $340 (SOLD).  If you're interested in having this piece for your home, please send me an email at shabbychic011@gmail.com.  Thank you!  





No comments:

Post a Comment