background

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Gorgeous Antique Chest (SOLD)


This piece is really something special, folks.  :-)  I fell in love with it the moment I saw it on craigslist, and knew that with a little chalk paint and love it would be SPECTACULAR.  Everything about this chest is wonderful - it's a true antique made of solid mahogany and has a gorgeous solid wood back (so hard to find that these days!).  Beautiful hardware, gorgeous lines, lovely detailing, large dovetailed drawers that work perfectly... it's a dream of a chest. Not a single flaw. I've painted it with two coats of Old White paint, distressed it, and coated it with clear wax.  This is one that I'm a bit sad to see leave my garage... if only I had another bedroom in my house to put it in!  Hopefully it will find a home in a nursery ... or guest room ... or little girl's room... or master bedroom ...and be well loved.  This piece measures 47'' tall x 34'' wide x 20'' deep and is priced at $370.









If you're interested in buying this chest, please email me by clicking on the "Contact Me" tab above - thank you!

2 comments:

  1. This is a BEAUTIFUL piece. I also love the taller yellow chest you have. I am seriously looking for a new chest and I love your style. Where are you located at?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Taryn! Glad you like the white and yellow chests! :-) I'm located in East Cobb (Marietta, near downtown Roswell). You're welcome to come by and see them in person if you'd like! Best way to contact me is to email me at shabbychic011@gmail.com, and I can give you more specifics there. Thanks!

      Beth

      Delete