background

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Antique dresser in red (SOLD)



Swoon.


I absolutely love this one.  Everything about it.  Love.  Love love love.  


Did I mention I love it?  ;-)



It's just so sweet.  And so red.  And so farmhouse-y.  In a really good way. 


I have been dying to try out Miss Mustard Seed's Tricycle Red milk paint ever since I saw it on a gorgeous old empire chest on Pinterest.  I even bought an empire chest to paint this color, but I had a client purchase it as a custom piece before I got started, and that one ended up blue.  No prob, it was gorgeous in blue… but…. that tricycle red milk paint was still calling my name.  When I saw this antique farmhouse dresser listed for sale, I KNEW it was the one meant to be red.  And it is totally a match made in heaven.


This is such a southern piece.  Full of southern charm and sophistication.  I love the legs and the porcelain knobs and the color and the whole gorgeous thing.  It just works.  




I'll try to stop swooning for a second to give you the details.  :-)  This beauty is solid wood, with five dovetailed drawers that work perfectly.  I've painted it in MMS tricycle red with a distressed finish and clear wax, and I've given it lovely porcelain knobs to complete the look.  Measurements are 54 1/2'' long x 34 1/2'' tall x 25'' deep, and it's priced at $520 (SOLD). 

Do you have a room that needs this awesome pop of color?  Send me an email at shabbychic011@gmail.com to make it yours!  Be quick too, please…. because I'm contemplating putting this sweetie in my foyer.  :-)







No comments:

Post a Comment