background

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Vintage Graphite Dresser/Buffet (SOLD)

At long last, I have a new piece for my blog!  :-)  I've been super busy with custom pieces, which is awesome - but I've been looking forward to posting this piece all week.  Graphite.  Multi-functional.  Vintage and gorgeous.



This is one solid piece, folks.  The kind of piece that I couldn't move inside to photograph without the help of my behind the scenes muscle (otherwise known as my sweet husband).  Occasionally I get antsy and can't wait for him to get home from work to post a piece.  And so - you get photos of it in my driveway.  :-)  Hope you don't mind.


This piece has storage galore - three large dovetailed drawers on each side, and three dovetailed drawers hidden behind the super cool door.  Don't you love the detailing on the door front?  So interesting.








I also love the way the wood shows through the dark paint.  And how the copper pulls show up against it as well.  I'm a sucker for contrast like this.  :-)  And fall is the perfect season for this color, don't you think?



Made by Drexel furniture, this beauty is made to last.  Solid wood all the way, drawers all work well, and all original pulls are accounted for.  I love that a piece this size works perfectly as a dresser, but also as an entertainment center in a family room.  Wouldn't it be great to have storage like this in your den?! It could also be a great buffet/sideboard, or a lovely statement piece for a foyer.  




I've painted it in Graphite with a distressed finish and dark wax, and it measures 32 1/2'' tall x 70'' long x 19'' deep.  It's priced at $360 (SOLD).  


If you're interested in putting this beauty in your home, please email me at shabbychic011@gmail.com - thanks!




.

No comments:

Post a Comment